In Coating Consultancy, we make inspections e.g. of facades and timber windows and write painting specifications for maintenance and new work. We determine the generic type of old paint layers and check them for possible content of Lithopone and Lead. We recommend how the painters should proceed and how they can check the work themselves. If requested we can make occasional controls too, e.g. of paint film thickness. We perform the final control of paint film thickness, adhesion and of visual appearance (finish). We got the experience and the equipment to analyze any damage occurring and can suggest amending actions. Damage analysis often is an important step when repair costs shall be allocated
Analysis and measurements
- Asbestous determination (by SEM).
- Analysis for lead (XRF).
- Determination of generic paint type and identity check by ATR-FTIR, optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) with X-ray diffraction (EDX).
- Determination of water vapour diffusion resistance acc. to ISO 7783 (Sd-value, Z-value).
- Det. of paint film thickness acc. to ISO 2080 Meth. 6A.
- Colour measurement acc. to ISO 7724.
- Adhesion check acc. to ISO 2409.
- Weather resistance acc. to EN 927-3.
- Water uptake acc. to EN 927-5.
- Testing of membranes for wet rooms acc. to national regulations (MK-approval).
- Lithopone test
- Coating specification depending on substrate and climatic conditions.
- Development of special application processes.
- Evaluation of remaining life-time e.g. for fiber cement roofing